9th CFO Innovation Malaysia ForumReshaping The Finance Agenda: Improving Agility In Implementing Strategy Shifts
20th May 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9TH CFO INNOVATION MALAYSIA FORUM
20th May 2021 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
RESHAPING THE FINANCE AGENDA: IMPROVING AGILITY IN IMPLEMENTING STRATEGY SHIFTS
About the Event
“The COVID-19 crisis has emphasized the importance of taking a dynamic view of policy in addressing the ongoing crisis, with a clear set of strategies for different phases of recovery, to manage difficult trade-offs between providing relief today and supporting recovery and growth tomorrow”.
- Ndiame Diop, Country Director - Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand, World Bank
In Malaysia, considering the weakening economy, supply chain disruptions, repercussion from troubled sectors and loss of jobs, the liquidity and capital resources eased somewhat towards the end of the year.
According to IMF forecasts the GDP growth is expected to fall to -1.7% in 2020 and pick up to 9% in 2021, subject to the post-pandemic global economic recovery, and is bound to improved external demand conditions, fiscal and stimulus support measures and positive sentiment from the rollout of the vaccine.
The turbulence caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has forced CFOs to remain focused towards building a successful post-crisis organization. As the pandemic reshapes businesses, CFOs’ concerns will be on capital resources and liquidity management as companies start focusing on rebuilding after the pandemic. They also need to create and lead a resilient financial operation – to strike the right balance between technology and people, investment and savings, expansion and diversification, consolidation and acquisition.
Join us at the 9th CFO Innovation Malaysia Forum 2021, with over 150 CFOs and senior finance executives attending, as regional experts discuss issues such as risk management, automation & digital transformation, reimagining budgeting models, projected economic scenarios, cost-saving targets and financial plans in helping enterprises remain steadfast in today's economy.
Key Topics Discussed:
- Deciding on an adequate post-pandemic response and revival plan and integrating it with existing crisis and business continuity plans
- Impacts and opportunities: Deciding when to accelerate recovery spending and investing into expansion
- Reinvigorating connections with customers and supply chain partners through new trends in financial transformation
- Identifying and investing into long-term growth options: where are they expected from
Who should attend?
CFOs, MDs, VPs, Directors, GMs, and Senior Managers, involved in:
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Strategic Planning & Forecasting
- Costing & Budgeting
- Treasury Operations
- Project Financing
- Merger & Acquisition (M&A)
- Investment / Portfolio Management
- Auditing & Internal Control
- Tax Governance
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Statutory & Regulatory Reporting
- Fiscal Policy Planning
- Financial Technology Solutions